CES Canada Project Engineer
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2017. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
· Safely manage the successful execution of assigned projects at customer sites for the CES organization to include standard and complex bulk gas supply stations
· Manage all aspects of project execution to include project scope, plan, budget, schedule, procurement, reviews, resources, installation, start-up/commissioning, customer training, and administrative requirements
· Provide sales technical support as needed on bulk installation matters
What you will enjoy doing:
· Manage all project activities
· Provide Technical support to sales and CES Technicians on Trifectas, Electrical matters, hospital and pharmaceutical installations, telemetry units, hydrogen installations.
· Design and register all special assemblies
· Maintain and update Linde’s Quality Control Manuals (QCM) band submit for approval with all Canadian Provinces and Territories.
· Provide existing customers with technical assistance and initiate any required installation alterations.
· Coordinate with sales and the customer to establish project objectives, scope and time lines
· Ensure project compliance with all required Linde and Industry codes, standards, drawings and practices
· Coordinate with technical support resources (internal or external) and procurement to obtain required project material and equipment costs, labor and delivery times for use in proposed customer solution
· Establish and execute project plans to include: schedules, budgets, all required drawings/schematics, procurement of equipment and components, startup/commissioning, customer training, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting and other required project administrative tasks
· Prepare project budgets, IO requests, contractor bids with all required supporting documentation
· Execute project with Linde customer, contractors, /vendors and internal resources for the successful execution of the project
· Maintain expected project profitability and schedule.
· Identify and regulate all Out-of-Scope or Change order items, documenting as such for mutual resolution
· Conduct frequent project reviews with stakeholders and management
· Assist in project commissioning and start up
· Provide customer safety training, O&M manuals transmittal, Responsible Care documented sign-off
· Provide technical assessment of projects to ensure proper equipment is being installed
· Participate in any / all project HAZOPs and Process Safety Reviews
· Design and register all new installations with pressure vessel authorities
· Obtain CSA electrical approval for all new equipment.
· Perform site surveys and initiate required alterations if needed.
Do you have what it takes?
· Outgoing, good communicator.
· Communicate effectively with technology, business personnel and customers (oral and written)
· Computer skills in MS office suite, MS Project, AutoCad (drafting programs)
· Good time management and troubleshooting skills
· Position is posted as based out of Missisauga, ON
· Project management experience with industrial projects
· Professional Engineer license required
· Full G license with clean driving record for at least three years
· Experience with Industrial Gases or petrochemical projects is a plus
· Travel 10% - 25%
· Reading P&IDs, electrical schematics, layout drawings, etc.
Required education: Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Required qualifications: Minimum 3 Years demonstrated experience in industrial equipment, project management preferred
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://canadacareers-linde.icims.com
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws