General management of Government Contracting business with the United States Air Force.
Management of Analysis Laboratories
· Ensures all laboratory activities are conducted according to company safety policies and
established standard operating procedures.
· Ensures all samples are accurately logged, analysed and reported in an accurate and
timely manner in accordance with customer requirements.
· Ensures all laboratory equipment is properly maintained and operating according to
established Quality Assurance protocols.
· Ensures all laboratory personnel are properly trained in the operation of assigned
· Ensures all documentation pertaining to lab operations is developed and maintained.
Financial and Business Development
· Develops, manages and meets annual financial budgets (P/L).
· Jointly with customer, identifies new revenue-generating opportunities and develops proposals to address opportunities.
· While meeting or exceeding the specifications, employs a continuous improvement
mentality to cut costs, improve automation, decrease cycle times, and increase the
· Ensures all laboratory equipment is up-to-date and utilizes, where justified, modern
· Develops proposals for equipment upgrades, development and procurement as
· Ensures all funded projects are planned, managed and executed in a manner to allow
delivery of on-time and high quality products.
· Acts as the primary point of contact for the government customer.
· Develops required reports at the prescribed frequency.
· Works with customer to identify needs and implements plans to address needs.
· Proposes new or upgraded equipment and processes for increased productivity and/or
· Attends and participates in customer sponsored meetings (typically 2-3 per year).
Compliance with Government Regulations
· Ensures Industrial Security Program is in compliance with Defense Security Services (DSS)
· Ensures Government Property Management System is maintained in accordance with
Defense Contracts Management Agency (DCMA).
· Ensures all financial aspects such as accounting, purchasing, timekeeping, and pricing are
conducted in a manner approved by the Defence Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA).
· Maintain radiation safety program in accordance with New Jersey Department of
Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
· Works with Government representatives to complete compliance audits as required in the
· Effective written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to organise well.
· Multitasking oriented.
· Strong initiative.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
Bachelor Degree in Scientific Discipline such as Chemistry, Engineering, or Physics
Minimum 10 years in Technical Management
Minimum 15 years in Technical Field
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Level security clearance.
· Advanced degree preferred.
· Knowledge of and experience in managing government or commercial contracts.
· Experience with leading teams of people with diverse cultures, education, and job level.
· Proficiency with MS Office applications
· Basic understanding of cryogenics, radiochemistry concepts, gas handling and vacuum
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.